Appilication for Master-Degree-Program.
How to apply for the Master's programs:
Please send the completed application form (MA - Antrag) of the desired department with all the required documents (page 2) until the deadline of 04/30/2012 to the school of art Berlin-Weissensee. Before you apply for the Master-Program, please inform yourself about the admission requirements (Zulassungsordnung). For further questions about application, admission and study please ask the Student Service.
Application period for winterterm 2012:
1st March to 30th April 2012!
Der PDF-Datei "Information Zulassungsvoraussetzungen" sind die Voraussetzungen für die Zulassung zu allen Studiengängen / Fachgebieten zu entnehmen.
Die Anforderungen an die berufliche Vorbildung sind unterschiedlich. Die Hochschule organisiert kein Vorpraktikum. Internationale Bewerber_innen müssen zusätzlich den Nachweis ausreichender schriftlicher und mündlicher Deutschkenntnisse (GER C1/ C2) erbringen.
How to apply?
Please enclose with KHB application form
"Antrag auf Eignungsprüfung 2012" and submit to:
Referat Studienangelegenheiten / EP
Please do not submit a portfolio or any other unsolicited materials (CV, academic transcripts, certificates, recommendations).
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope (standard size) with your application.
Application period for winterterm 2013:
1st November to 10th December 2012!
Artistic Aptitude Test/Entrance Exam
The artistic entrance test consists of:
Submission of approximately 20 pieces of the applicant’s most original work, plus one assigned piece (currently only for fashion design and industrial design). These will be reviewed to determine whether the applicant may take the examination.
- A two- to three-day examination to test for the qualifications required for the chosen program.
- An interview, typically focusing on the applicant’s performance on the examination and his or her artistic aspirations.
Evaluation procedures and results will be recorded in writing. Applicants will be informed of their results in writing.
Examination papers will not be returned to applicants.
Passing examination results will remain valid for two years.
Special accommodations will be arranged upon request for applicants with disabilities or chronic illnesses (contact Leoni Adams). Such accommodations will have no effect on examination results.(contact: Brigitte Dierker, general course guidance).
Application for Admission
After having passed the artistic aptitude test successfully students may apply for admission. This application must be received by the registrar’s office before the official deadline. The application deadline is preclusive in nature.
New students are admitted only in the winter semester.
Applications must also include the following:
1. Proof that applicant has passed the qualifying evaluation, plus documentation of any prior studies
2. A curriculum vitae listing details of prior training
3. Documentation of any vocational training or internships
4. Official academic transcripts and/or reports
5. One recent passport photo with applicant’s name on reverse
6. Proof of German language proficiency: DSH 2 (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang), C1 or TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) level 4
7. A valid passport
8. Residence permit for educational purposes/student visa
9. Chinese applicants must also submit a certificate from the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in Beijing
Requirements for enrollment:
1. Confirmation of admission
2. Proof of health insurance
3. Proof of payment of student fees
Issuing a student’s ID completes his or her enrollment, which takes effect at the beginning of the semester.
Students are bound by the terms of the Berliner Hochschulgesetz (Berlin Higher Education Act) and by the program and examination regulations of the Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee.
Studierende anderer künstlerischer und wissenschaftlicher Hochschulen in gleichartigen Studiengängen bzw. Studierende künstlerischer Fachhochschulen in gleichartigen Studiengängen können an die Kunsthochschule Weißensee wechseln, wenn:
-bereits mindestens 2 Fachsemester in einem gleichartigen Studiengang nachweislich absolviert wurden
-alle Zulassungsvoraussetzungen für den angestrebten Studiengang an der Kunsthochschule Berlin Weißensee erfüllt sind
-das Prüfungsverfahren für den Hochschulwechsel erfolgreich durchlaufen wurde
Antrag unter Studium/download
1. Individuals may apply to audit courses, provided they have the prior training or experience required to follow and comprehend the course in question.
2. Prospective auditors require the permission of the department head or (for theory courses) the lead instructor. Auditor status is granted on a semester basis and is not to exceed 10 credit hours.
3. Auditors will not be admitted to courses with one-on-one instruction or limited enrollment.
4. Auditors will receive written permission to attend the courses to which they have been admitted.
5. Auditors are not entitled to take midterm or final examinations.
6. Auditors are required to pay audit fees.
7. Auditors are not members of the KHB.
Auditor/Guest Student Application
Students from other academic institutions can apply to take courses as guest students at no charge, provided they satisfy points 1 and 2 (paragraph 1) under the prerequisites for auditing courses. Academic credit may be requested and will be awarded in accordance with the KHB’s current program and examination regulations.
Auditor/Guest Student Application
Unlike institutions in other states, where tuition fees of 500 euros or more are common, publicly funded colleges in Berlin charge only registration and confirmation fees.
Students have to pay twice a year:
contributions of 90 €(registration fee 51,13 €, social contribution 30,68 €, Students’ Association (ASTA) 8,19 € and 163,50 € semester ticket/ticket for local transport).