> BA Design and Fine Art Programs
Digital student advisory service for the application process
We are pleased that you are interested in studies at the weißensee kunsthochschule berlin. On this page you will find all important information about the online application process for undergraduate programs as well as the information brochures for the individual departments.
Due to the current situation there are no personal office hours at the moment! The student advisory service is still available to advise on general questions regarding the application and admission procedure as well as questions regarding online registration. Please send your request by e-mail or call 030 47705 - 342 (Tue 14-16 h & Wed 10-12 h)
The student advisory service also invites you to open//virtual question times every Thursday from 12-13 pm (CET)! You can find the link to the virtual room here! One-on-one interviews are available on request!
Artistic Entrance Exams and Covid-19
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to develop dynamically and unpredictably.
Even though we would much rather get to know you personally and familiarize you with the Weissensee School of Art Berlin on site, your health is our top priority.
We have therefore completely revised the concept of the artistic entrance examinations so that they can be conducted without health risks and despite possible entry stops and quarantine conditions for all participants.
ONLINE - REGISTRATION - FOR - ARTISTIC ADMISSION TEST : Nov 1 – Dec 10 / Study start winter semester 2021/22
An application is always only possible for the winter semester.
1. Step: ONLINE-REGISTRATION FOR ARTISTIC ADMISSION TEST
To apply for undergraduate programs, please use the online application portal of our academy exclusively. The online application procedure is open from November 01 - December 10, 2020 (23:59 CET) for the following winter semester. Note: The portfolio does not need to be uploaded at this time.
You can start the online registration for the qualifying examination for WS 2021/22 by clicking on the following link: >>>Online-Application-Portal-Campuscore<<<
Help with the registration and the creation of your application as well as useful hints can be found in the >>>step-by-step-instruction<<<
- Please note the deadline, as the application portal closes on December 10, 2020 (23:59 CET). The application is only complete when you have clicked on the green button "Submit Application" (appears on the right after all forms have been filled out completely) You will not receive a confirmation message or email about the submission of your application.
But once the status of your application is "formal check", you know the application has been submitted!!
- At this time of application no documents such as certificates are required. Therefore, please do not send any documents by mail or post. Only after passing the aptitude test will documents be requested for admission in April (Design) or July (Fine Arts). You can submit proof of your pre-study internship until the beginning of your studies.
- After successful online registration for the aptitude test, you will receive all information for digital portfolio submission via Campuscore shortly after the application deadline on December 10, 2020. With the invitation, a small artistic-practical homework assignment may be provided.
- After the digital portfolio has been checked by the admissions committee of the subject area, you will be informed 2 weeks after the portfolio submission deadline whether you are on the shortlist that is eligible to take the aptitude test.
Further steps to the APPLICATION PROCEDURE
For the deadlines and detailed information on the digital portfolio, please see:
Notes Portfolio & Artistic Admission test
After successful registration, at the latest 1 week after the application deadline, you will receive the link to the upload portal and all necessary information about the portfolio in a separate mail via Campuscore.
In the design departments, the artistic admission tests will probably take place in mid/end February in digital form. The Fine Arts study programs plan to schedule the on-site artistic admission test at the beginning of June. You will receive the exact date in your invitation to the admission test. ONLY if you pass the portfolio test you will receive an invitation to the admission test. There you will receive artistic tasks and have an interview with the admissions committee.
In the field of fine arts you will also bring your original works /portfolio to the admission test.
The application form and instructions for admission to the study program are sent to the applicants concerned via the online portal together with the notification of the passed admission test. The submission of all required documents in the original, such as the high school diploma, will only take place after passing the admission test from April 1 - April 30 for admission in the design disciplines, in the fine arts from July 1 - July 30.
The positive result of artistic admission test is valid for two years. If you fail, you may reapply next year.
If you pass the admission test successfully you are allowed/invited to apply for admission at the Berlin Weissensee Art Academy, if you comply with all formalities:
1. artistic talent/ability (is determined in the artistic admission test of weißensee)
2. qualification for entrance to German University
that means a Higher Secondary (School) certificate or alternatively special artistic aptitude, applicants without Abitur can also be admitted to study if they prove a special artistic aptitude in the admission test. The secondary school certificate is sufficient for the Fine Arts Programs!
3. Proof of the pre-study internship
in the study-relevant area (6-8 weeks), only for the design study programs, at the latest at the beginning of the study.
4. Proof of sufficient German language skills for international applicants
At the time of application, at least one language certificate corresponding to the completed qualification level A2 must be submitted for all degree programmes. In the case of a positive decision, the examination certificate should be submitted for admission in April:
For the design courses for example Testdaf 4, DSH 2, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, DSD II, the C1 examination certificate of the Goethe-Institut or the UDK in the design study courses, stage and costume design;
For the fine arts of painting and sculpture for example telc B2, Testdaf 3, DSH 1, the B2 examination certificate of the Goethe-Institut or the UDK. At the latest at the beginning of your studies.
Further information for international applicants can be found here!
Regulations of admission: BA-Design & Fine Art (only in German)
To enrol at weißensee school of art every student has to pay a fee of 312,89 €, This payment is due every semester (every half year) you study with us.
The fee includes the ticket for the local transport. No tuition fees are required for undergraduate programs!
For further questions about application, admission and study please ask the Student Service.
general course guidance
weissensee academy of art berlin
Bühringstr. 20 - 13086 Berlin
Unfortunately, personal consultation hours are currently not possible. Please send your request by e-mail or call us at: Tel: 030 47705 -342 (Mo - Thu 10-15 hrs). There is also the possibility of a video consultation, simply send a request for an appointment (Mo - Thu 10-15 hrs) by e-mail.