Fine Arts/ Stage- and Costume Design
Information and deadlines for digital or analog portfolio submission
- After successful online registration for the admission test, you will receive the link to the upload portal after 13.12. as well as all necessary instructions for digital or analog portfolio submission via Campuscore.
- Digital or analogue portfolio submission deadline: February 9 2022
ALL DATES FOR PORTFOLIO CONSULTATIONS AS WELL AS INFOABEND can be found here!
- You will be notified approximately one week later if you are eligible to participate in the digital admission exam on February 22-24, 2022.
Notes on the digital portfolio in the department of stage and costume design
The portfolio size is limited to the maximum of 45 MB and should consist of up to 30 images (scans or photos, summarized in a pdf-document: You can find help with the creation here in the pdf-downloads. The works are evaluated, not their presentation.
DOWNLOAD: Technical advise for the creation of a PDF
DOWNLOAD: Tips for designing a portfolio for stage/costume
General notes on the structure of the portfolio:
- No topic or form is specified by the subject area.
- It is important that the works in the portfolio are individually designed and, in addition to a basic artistic aptitude and creativity, also express that the applicants are applying for your desired field of study.
- A good selection of works is important, because the first task when applying for a place at university is to think intensively about your own artistic identity, talents and goals.
- The portfolio should make it possible to recognize the creative artistic personality of the applicants. Works that can be seen to have been created under guidance should be avoided. Artistic and creative work samples that show a certain continuity and intensity are highly desirable. In addition, drawing has a high value in all courses of study. Student projects and works on our website can serve as inspiration.
- The folder should contain a loose collection of current works such as artistic works (i.e. paintings, watercolors, prints, drawings, etc.) and also works such as idea sketches, photographic works, experiments and designs. Please sort your works according to relevance, that means the most important ones to the front.
- If you want to present videos, film works or animations, do not upload them publicly in a portal like Vimeo or YouTube and insert the link at the appropriate place in the PDF. The video presentations should not be longer than 5 minutes in total. We cannot open channels such as Instagram or external websites, so please provide very short, simple, keyword information about each work on the medium/size/technique, possibly date.
- The works will be evaluated, not their presentation. We ask to renounce decorative elements like passepartouts, typography, gifs or clipart.