Bachelor Design and Fine Art Programs
Application period for winter term 2020/21
The application period for undergrade programs is always from 01 November to 10 December. The aptitude test itself always takes place in February 17-21 at the academy of art.
All undergrade study programms commence winter semester only, with start in October.
ONLINE-REGISTRATION FOR APTITUDE TEST 2020
Please use exclusively our online application platform (open from Nov 1st), please click here for registration for winter term 20/21:
>>>Online Application Portal Campuscore<<<.
Help on how to register and complete your application you find in our:
- Please note that the deadline for submit your application is 10 Dec 2019. Your online-application has been completed, only if you click on the green button "submit application" (once all forms have been filled out completely).
- At this point of the process you won't need your portfolio or other documents like cv etc., only a proof of language skills (A2/B1/B2) should be uploaded, in case German is not your mother tongue.
- You will receive the letter of invitation with all information you need approximately 4–6 weeks after the deadline. The aptitude test will take place 2020 February 17-21 at the academy of art and starts with the submission of your portfolio.
- Please do not send any additional documents by post before official admission. Only after passing the aptitude test we request your full application documents for the admission in April.
For further questions about application, admission and online-registration please ask the Student Service.
The application procedure is the same for all bachelor and diploma programs. Here you will find the individual steps:
Step 1: Online-Registration for Aptitude Test (Nov 1 - Dec 10)
The application for the undergrade programs must be sent exclusively through the online application platform of our school. The online application link you will find here shortly before the start of the application period! The application platform is open from November 1 to December 10! All study programs always begin with the winter semester in October.
Please mind, the portfolio has to be submitted first in February on the first day of the artistic aptitude test. In January you will receive an invitation to the aptitude test, that will take place in February. May be that you get a request that you have to do a special artistic homework.
Step 2: Aptitude Test (February 17-21 2020
The test in the middle of February starts with the submission of your portfolio and if required your special homework.
The examining board reviews the submitted portfolios.
It selects those candidates who reveal the artistic qualification for the requested subject. If you are on the short list you have to pass artistic tests during 2 or 3 days, that includes also a written exercise and an interview with the examination board.
So you have to be in Berlin in person, also for the risk you don´t get admitted to the test and the entrance exam/aptitude test will be terminated with the portfolio review.
Step 3: Application for study
If you pass this test successfully you are allowed/invited to apply for admission at the Berlin Weissensee Art Academy, if you fulfil the admission requirements.
If you pass the aptitude test successfully you are allowed/invited to apply for admission at the Berlin Weissensee Art Academy, if you comply with all formalities:
1. artistic aptitude (of weißensee)
2. qualification for entrance to German University
that means a Higher Secondary (School) certificate or alternatively special artistic aptitude
3. proof of practical experiences in a study relevant field,
6-8 weeks internship, except for applicants in our three Fine Arts programs.
4. German language certificate
At the time of application international applicants have to upload a language certificate qualification level or a confirmation of the current language course min. A2 for all departments. The relevant language certificate must be submitted to the admission in April, before the studies begin at the latest:
for example TestDaF 4, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, DSH 2 or the language proof of the UDK or Goethe Institition (qualification level C1) for all Design departments and Stage- and Costume Design; and Testdaf 3, telc B2, DSH 1 or the certificate of the UDK or Goethe Institute (qualification level B2) for the Fine Arts study programs Painting and Sculpture.
>>Further important informations on admission and matriculation for international applicants!
To enrol into the academy of art Weissensee costs about 330 € twice a year (every term) and includes the ticket for the local transport. No tuition fees are required!
For further questions about application, admission and study please ask the Student Service.
general course guidance
weissensee academy of art berlin
Bühringstr. 20 - 13086 Berlin
open hours: room A 1.09 tuesday 11-13, thursday 14-17
telephone advisory service: +49 30 47705 342 tuesday 14-16, wednesday 10-12